Teen ‘Trep Challenge is designed to encourage innovative thinking in the areas of Technology, Science, and Business.
What is the Teen ‘Trep Challenge?
Working with a team, students will develop a business around a product/service to solve a problem. Team members will learn key success factors for a business and will develop a business model concept for their product/service. Teams will be encouraged to use science and technology as they develop their product/service.
Teams will present their business model to a panel of business professionals acting as potential investors at the closing event. The audience at the closing event will be invited to vote for the business idea they like most. The combined scores of the panel and the audience will determine the top TEEN ‘TREP CHALLENGE TEAM!
- You get to DESIGN a business! (how cool is that!)
- EXERCISE your entrepreneurial mind!
- You get to MEET other students with entrepreneurial minds!
- Build your resume with RELEVANT workplace skills and experience!
- You can win FABULOUS prizes!
Who Can Enter?
Any student in grades 9-12 during the 2012-2013 school year can enter.
Program Dates & Location
The Challenge will begin on Monday, May 13 and will end with a special program on August 1. Teams will meet once a week in the evening at Launch Fishers, the co-working space in the basement of the Fishers Library.
- May 13 kickoff meeting from 5-9pm
- May 18 Startup Saturday from 9am-4pm
- August 1 Closing Competition from 4-6pm
For More Information